Any parent looking for a San Diego preschool will have one major expectation and that is to find a school that will help his child become smarter. However, one thing you should understand is that its not enough for kids to be mentally intelligent.
A truly great school will train your son or daughter to be emotionally intelligent as well.
The best Chula Vista preschool knows the value of emotional intelligence.
- The thing about preschoolers is that they naturally want to express themselves and connect with others, but they lack the skills to verbalize their emotions.
To determine the effectiveness of a Chula Vista preschool program, visit the school yourself and see how the teachers communicate with the students. The teachers should talk to the kids both in groups and individually.
- Determine how the school plans to guide the kids on proper behavior. Does the teacher ask your child how he/she feels? Good educators will assist your child in putting a label on his emotions without categorizing the feeling as good or bad.
- Likewise, in situations such as fights over toys, the teacher should encourage your child to think about what the others may feel. This is vital in developing your little ones empathy.
The kids should also be allowed to solve their own social conflicts.
- A good San Diego preschool will have activities that help children name specific emotions. An example of this is reading a story together then asking the kids to describe the emotions of the characters.
Another is pausing TV shows and asking kids to identify the peoples reactions based on their body language.
The best Chula Vista preschool program will promote your childs critical thinking skills.
- One thing to look for in a preschool is how the teachers provide instructions and responds to their pupils. A good preschool teacher will not just answer your childs question.
He will encourage critical thinking and self-expression by providing an open-ended response, instead.
- The most ideal child care in San Diego involves teachers who are attentive and know how to view things from your kids perspective. For instance, if he sees your child observing the weather outside, the teacher will ask him/her thought-provoking questions such as: Why do you think the sky is gray?
Great educators know how to spot and use opportunities to challenge a childs reasoning process.
- The best preschools in San Diego will not just spoon-feed information to your child. Instead, the teachers will allow your kid to earn knowledge on his/her own through various hands-on exercises.
This is possible through guided outdoor activities with worksheets where kids can write down their own conclusions.
The best child care in San Diego is one that is updated on the most effective teaching strategies.
- The best educators know that the kids minds work by connecting what they learn from school with experiences from the past and with things that interest them at present.
Find a school, which will teach your child new information by tying them up with knowledge and experiences that he/she already has.
- An ideal Chula Vista preschool program will educate your preschooler about letters and numbers in the context of daily human experiences.
Teaching the alphabet should be tied up to information about the natural environment and important daily activities such as cooking, cleaning, etc.
- A good school promotes early literacy by reading out loud, letting kids speak about their projects in front of the class, and allowing them to tell their own stories to the teachers. Stay away from preschools that consider chatting in the classroom as bad behavior.
Having meaningful conversations with his/her peers is necessary for developing your childs language skills and EQ.
Other characteristics of the best preschools in San Diego
- Ask about the schools accreditation programs. An accredited preschool will provide you with reassurance that youre placing your child in the right hands.
- Look around for age-appropriate study materials that promote early literacy and love for mathematics. These includes books, puzzles, clocks, and the alphabet on the walls.
- The best school has resources for outdoor play and water play. Your kid will begin learning the basics of physics and math when he/she observes which objects float in the water and discovers the number of sticks needed to create a rectangle.
Ultimately, the best preschool is one that will prepare your kid not only for higher education, but also for life. Look for an accredited preschool which uses contemporary teaching techniques that let kids connect what they learn in the classroom with the outside world.
Dont choose a school which will tell your kid what to do and instead go for one which will allow your precious one to think and decide about what he/she should do. For more info, check out the video below:
Great Schools! (March 24, 2016). 10 signs of a great preschool. Retrieved from: http://www.greatschools.org/gk/articles/10-signs-great-preschool/
Naeyc for Families. A Good Preschool for Your Child. Retrieved from: https://families.naeyc.org/accredited-article/good-preschool-your-child
Bright Horizons Family Solutions. How to Choose a Preschool. Retrieved from: http://www.brighthorizons.com/family-resources/e-family-news/how-to-choose-a-preschool/