There are many prenatal centers that offer 3D and 4D ultrasound packages and services. Expecting parents can avail of prenatal ultrasounds to have a preview of how their child looks like even though he is still inside the womb. Cutting-edge technology produces quality images that bring the baby to life it provides a real-time experience for parents. Ultrasounds are usually done upon the ob-gyn or health providers request but parents can elect to have an ultrasound of their own accord.
Since there are many ultrasound centers, it is important to choose the right one so that you can have the best experience. Here are some tips on how to find the best imaging center for 3D 4D ultrasound:
1. Remember that not all ultrasound centers are the same. They dont offer the same services or have the same equipment. Inquire about the equipment that the center is using as well as the certifications and experience of their staff.
2. The center should have an experienced and licensed medical sonographer. Be sure to check that the one doing the ultrasound is not just a machine operator. 3. Shop around and make sure that you compare the prices of ultrasound packages. Get the best package.
4. Keep in mind that even though a 3D 4D ultrasound is elective, the center should require the pregnant mother to undergo medical care. The center should remind the parents that the ultrasound does not take the place of professional medical attention.
5. You can ask your ob-gyn on what is best time for 3D 4D ultrasound. It is usually between 25 to 36 weeks of your pregnancy. You can expect to know the gender of your child, the number of babies in your womb, hear the heartbeat or see the baby move. But if there are certain anomalies in the babys anatomy, the medical professional should be the one to talk to, not just the sonographer. A good center will refer you to proper medical attention.
6. The best imaging centers make you schedule for an appointment. This will help you feel comfortable because you know that they will dedicate their time for you.
7. Most ultrasounds last from 15 to 30 minutes. Make sure that the centers facilities are secure and cozy so you feel safe while you are there. The more relaxed you are, the better your baby will feel and you will get better images.
8. The average time a 3D 4D ultrasound session takes is about 15 to 30 minutes. The length of time depends on the chosen package. Additional time may be needed in case the baby is not in the ideal position for good images.
While you endeavor to know how to find the best imaging center for 3D 4D ultrasound, it is important that you remember the following:
- The success of the ultrasound is dependent of different factors and stages of pregnancy. You can get clear images when the ultrasound is done at a particular stage, when the baby is positioned properly, and when there is ample amniotic fluid.
- Not all pregnancies are the same so not all images will be the same, too. Do not be discouraged when you dont get clear images at first or if they are different from others. What is important is that you focus on the purpose of the ultrasound: check your babys health and to create memories for you and your child. Just make sure that you find an ultrasound center that has high-quality equipment and trained professionals, a place where you can feel relaxed and safe and one that will provide the best value for your money.
The author does not allow comments to this entry